Tasty tacos with homegrown hydroponic lettuce!

By Clare
We made tacos in Life Skills last week. I mixed the taco seasoning with salt and minced garlic. After I mixed the salt and minced garlic, I poured the taco seasoning into the frying pan where the meat was cooking. When the students were done making each toppings for the tacos, students tasted their own delicious tacos. I added meat, cheese, salsa, sour cream, and lettuce on my taco. Taco is a good-looking snack that students enjoyed! We used hard-shelled tacos and hydroponic lettuce from our tower.

Lettuce from the Hydroponic Tower:
On Friday, the students picked up lettuce off the hydroponic tower. We put the lettuce in each different bowls. We carefully cut off the roots off the tower. Then we rinsed off the lettuce and then dried the lettuce in the bowls. After drying the lettuce we lay the lettuce in the plastic wrap to keep the lettuce nice and fresh. 














Comments

Popular Posts