3D Graphics Wrap Up by Clare


This was my first project. The task was to model a 3D of the well known painting. I chose Soft Hard by Wassily Kandinsky from 1927. I modeled 17 shapes in total. I made the blue sphere into a clear blue eyeball. There were two pyramids between the blue eyeball and clear, shiny one on the top of the eyeball.  Next to the eyeball I added three stackable pyramids. I added cow print as my signature from the previous 3D project.  I added the background and floor blue for the first time. Then, I used the sky from preset and added the sand to make the background beautiful. I wanted to change the mood of the picture. The picture with the sky looks more serine.  


Unit 2, Google
An animal themed Google project. I sketched animals first. Than I modeled the "G" and made two pigs into two "o"s. I modeled a cat's body and a tail to make a lower case "g".  I added the penguin for the "l". The final letter was the duck's face and body - an "e".  The dog's body was so long and it looked like a log.  A hamster, a rabbit, a whale in the pool, a turtle and sheep were added for fun! By the time I was rendering, it was close to Easter, so I added the Easter eggs in the basket. The sun made the picture look lighter and nicer. Overall, this project was challenging.

Unit 3, Galaxy Phone
First, we researched futuristic design projects. Before we modeled, we sketched the futuristic piano, futuristic fins with engines, and futuristic waterless shower.

                 I made a futuristic galaxy space phone. I chose the phone because I thought it was easy to model. First, I added the round phone glass with white rings on it. Then I included planets, the Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Uranus,  Neptune, and Pluto. I put silver ring and added lights. Then I added all the Planets onto the bar. I carefully selected the texture. I tried to make the lights into fog but if I render, the fog colors won't show up, it was way too bright. Instead, I turned off the fog and turned into regular textures. After that, modeled moving cord and the dial pad for the phone. Rendering this project took a really long time.

Final Project
My final project was Floating Garden. I was inspired by Will's garden project from last year.  I wanted to model the path for the garden that resembles William's passage. First, I added all the circles above the ground.  I wanted the rings to be in the same height above the ground. I made it colorful. If I render, I see shadows on the grass. Then I designed a few rocks on the ground, two benches, and skyline of Boston.  I used a few people and dog from presets to make it spirited and cheerful.




William's Project on Garden






Comments

Popular Posts