Prifti Garden - a Path layout by William Bojanic


Our school plans to dedicate a garden in memory of David Prifti, a beloved art teacher.  During the Prifti Day of Service, William Bojanic experimented on navigating the curves and paths to discover accessibility for leisurely stroll through the garden.  Will worked with Ms. Haupt, from the CCHS Math Department to ensure that this garden is not only handicap accessible but is also welcoming.














Will's ideas were free form with serpentine paths and circular spots for reflection and wheelchair turnaround. Due to the rain, we worked inside but we imagined crushed stone, graveled paths and ground covered alley.  


William likes the blueprint of his moves, as it reminded him of our SPACE IN UNIVERSE.  Also retracing and repeating the steps symbolized going into the past through memory.  It was an enjoyable, creative experience to cap off William's time at CCHS.



Classical garden plans:
 






By Clare/2018

Inspired by Will's garden project from last year,  I wanted to model the path for the garden that resembles William's passage for my 3D Graphics Final Project. First, I added all the circles above the ground.  I wanted the rings to be in the same height above the ground. I made it colorful. If I render, I see shadows on the grass. Then I designed a few rocks on the ground, two benches, and skyline of Boston.  I used a few people and dog from presets to make it spirited and cheerful.


You can read more here:

Comments

Popular Posts