Pathways / Launch Summer Program Wrap-Up

The Pathways / Launch Summer Program wrapped up in August after several exciting field trip days. Below are the thoughts of Launch student, Clare Hwang, on the different field trip days that we had.  Thank you to Clare for sharing!

On Thursday 8/5, we went to John Adams House in Quincy MA. On the bus ride to Quincy MA, it took over an hour to get to Quincy. We went to both house exhibits. The exhibit was small but it was a great tour. After the tour, we had lunch at the food court in the mall in Braintree MA. I had a chicken sub and fries for lunch. I had lemonade too. The lunch was so good! This was my first time going to the Braintree mall. After that, we went back to the bus and the ride didn't take too long to get back from CCHS. Overall it was an adventurous trip!

On August 12, the Pathways and Launch crew went on a Charles River Boat Cruise. During the boat ride, we saw lots of different buildings. I saw the Citgo gas sign, Shell gas sign, Museum of Science, Duck boat, DoubleTree Hotel, and other things to see outside. It was a very hot day on a boat. On the way back I stood outside of the boat. It was a lot of fun standing outside. After the boat cruise, everyone had lunch at the CambridgeSide Galleria Mall food court. I got a burger, fries, lemonade, and an ice cream sundae from Burger King food court. The meal was really good! I had tons of fun going on a boat cruise and eating lunch at the food court!

On 8/19 on the last field trip of the summer, we went to the Salem Pirate Museum. I've been to this museum before. First, we took the bus to Salem. Then we went to the Pirate Museum. The exhibits on the pirates look dark and cool. The dark tunnel was a lot of fun! The tour guide was really nice! I had a great time at the museum! After the museum, we took the bus to the Northshore Mall.
We had lunch at the Northshore Mall food court. I got a big mac from McDonald's for lunch with fries and a lemonade. After lunch, I got self-serve ice cream. I got cotton candy-flavored and a birthday cake-flavored ice cream. I add many toppings to it. After the mall, we took the bus back to CCHS. It was raining very hard today and then the rain stopped in the middle of the bus ride. 
It was a really fun field trip on the last day of the summer program and I am looking forward to more field trips next summer!


Comments

Popular Posts