My Photography Experiences

By Clare:
This semester, I am taking a digital photography class, which is very fun and interesting. When we started, I took pictures using an iPhone and then we started using a digital camera to take pictures.
As a next step, we developed films by using a tent that Mr. Gooder has. We watched Mr. Gooder put his hands inside the tent while loading the films onto the reel. It was a challenging part. 
After that we developed our films in the dark room. We wore goggles to develop films with three different types of dark room chemicals.  When I developed a photo, I used tongs to flip the blank photo sheet. I kept track of how much time I should wait before I flipped the blank sheet of photo paper. To print a picture, I wanted to make sure that the picture was just right. We didn't want my picture to be too dark. 

One of our class assignments was to watch a film about two photographers (Dawoud Bey and Gordon Parks) who worked during the Civil Rights Movement. It was very moving and interesting to see what inspired them to become photographers.

Interview with Dawoud Bey

Inside the lost photos of Gordon Parks

Photography class is a good learning experience.











Comments

Popular Posts